Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mission (Mum) accomplished.

Ah my family,
It's so weird to be sooo TIRED yet sooo HAPPY!
But hey, congrats to Aunt Tina and now I have another Uncle Steve! Can't get enough of those, apparently! ;) That made me so happy to see all my beautiful family at the beautiful house in Loonieburg! My heart smiled! :) And I realized that literally every time Aunt Jeannette comes in to town, I'm out of town. Hopefully I'll see her soon! LOVE MY FAMILY SOOOO MUCH!!!
But it's okay because I'll be with all of you together forever! Ah, Sweet is the peace the gospel brings.
BUT ANYWAY, sweet is the life of a MISSIONARY!!!!
AHHH MILAGROS!!!! But I will get into that as I continue to get into our week...
So Tuesday night. We met with a less active. It's very interesting how people don't like that Easter is all about Christ. But I guess it is good that they want to show more gratitude for Heavenly Father! We all need to be a little more grateful in life, right?
So then we had branch visits; it was us, the Bishopric, the Senior couple, and two branch members. Lots of work to be done! THE TIME IS FAR SPENT!!!!!
But we got to go with Sister Monk and try to see a less active YSA. We saw her mom, but she's part of the Grossmont Ward so it was perfect! :) We shared the Easter initiative. #HALLELUJAH!!!! So good. BUT THEN MIRACLE!! As we were walking back to our car, and we still had 30 minutes before curfew we saw a YSA cutting through the parking lot from Grossmont College. WE CHASED HIM DOWN!! It was awesome. He has a beard! So obviously he reminds me of Adam! ;) But he's awesome! He let us watch the Easter initiative right there with him and he took a pamphlet and he had questions about family history and he wanted to learn more!!!!!!! Even though he claimed to be an atheist.... We shall see! Cameron's a good guy! We then met with him again Saturday morning on the church's front lawn. (Sooo beautiful!!! SPRING TIME!!!) And it was awesome! He's really open, told us his concerns and we just helped him build his faith in God! Woot woot! So excited to teach him more!
Then Wednesday we were able to go to the food bank again! So good, service is good for the soul! :)
And we had an appointment with a potential from when I was on exchanges, the semi pro rugby player. Her name is Elizabeth. She's awesome and she's from Chicago! Obviously cool. So we brought Holly with us, (and she just turned in her papers!!!!!) and Elizabeth is soo open! She never really had religion before so it was perfect! And she said she would be baptized!!!!!! Still having her think about when, she's going to pray about it. :) Then as we were dropping Holly off and walking back to the car, in the church parking lot again, we started talking to these two YSA. We asked if we could show the Easter initiative and THEY LOVED IT!! They said it was so what they needed! :) And one of them was moving to LA but we met with Xavier again on Monday, yesterday. And he loved the Restoration, he listened so intently and he said he'll be baptized on APRIL 23rd!!!!!!!! He just needs to come to church! Prayers and fingers crossed! :)
And I also had a cool revelation that day as Sister Stewart started packing. We were talking about a successful mission, and what I realized is if you learned how to really use the atonement and become more converted to it, you had a successful mission. :)
Thursday. Weekly planning. Sister Stewart had her departing interview with President. AND WE GOT TO GO TO OUTBACK BECAUSE OF VANESSA!! She's the sweetest. :) I love her lots! And then we also got to have a lesson at the temple with her! LOVE THE TEMPLE!!! And then a member got us cupcakes! Fancy cupcakes from Sprinkles!



Then Friday was BOOM BOOM BOOM appointments. Again. :) I have a GREAT life, I'm telling ya! :)
We met with Jake, a great bloke, then we had lunch with the Tanners! They are so cute! Love them! They wanted to say goodbye to Sister Stewart! And then we had district meeting! Where we had party blowers in honor of Sister Stewart's birthday on Monday!!! Her golden birthday! 21 on the 21st BABY!!! ;)


We then had a coolest power hour with Eddie! We met up, said a prayer, gave him some pass along cards and then we were off!
With Eddie and our cute member friend Emily
He was so awesome! Walking up to people, saying hello, giving them cards! And then when we got into a neighborhood with no one in it, he was like, "Is this the part where we start knocking on doors?" HE'S SO COOL!! Fearless, fearless.
We then met with Netta who finally picked a song to sing on Sunday, and I get the pleasure of accompanying her! :) Sweet lady sweet lady.
with Netta! :)
We then had an AWESOME lesson with our long term investigator Stephanie and her boyfriend Daniel. The spirit was so strong in that lesson especially when Stephanie said she felt like she didn't deserve any answers from Heavenly Father and then Daniel told her that being a daughter of God is reason enough to get an answer! SO GOOD!!!!!
Then we met with Doug and Julie with the Konolds. OH I LOVE THOSE TWO PEOPLE!!!! And Doug has been coming to church and JULIE'S going to go to girls camp!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Then we met with a recent convert who moved into our branch, I love recent converts, they have a missionary fire!! :)
Then Saturday we taught our sweet investigator Gail. I love her so! She's in Mosiah 3!!! She's the best! And when Sister Stewart told her that she was leaving she was so sad. She started crying! She wanted to move to Utah to see her! She's so sweet and then during part of it she turned to me and was like, "You're going to miss her!" Oh she has no IDEA!!! I miss that Sister. She's my mission mama! She taught me everything and people tell me I'm just like her! Just saying, I miss her wouldn't even begin to to describe it. But, I love Gail, she needs a new baptismal date but she still wants to do it! She just needs to come to church! Fingers crossed for Easter Sunday! Then that night one of the pairs of Elders in our zone baptized five people! One was a family of three so we were able to take Vanessa to go see what a baptism was like. So since I was there I of course got snagged to play the piano. But I love it! Music at a baptism is the best! And Vanessa was the cutest, she was asking questions about what she needs to do for her baptism, I love her! :)
Sunday, Sister Stew's last Sunday as a missionary! So of course she spoke in YSA sacrament meeting, I couldn't be there because of Grossmont's ward council but I heard she crushed it! Way to go Sis Stew!! And guess what, not only am I flooding the earth with The Book of Mormon, but I am flooding the earth with TACO SOUP!! First Idaho, now California! ;)
The YSA had a linger longer and since no one really brings things we made taco soup. So we THOUGHT we had a big can of corn in the apartment but when we were trying to throw it together Saturday night we realized it was a big can of garbanzo beans....... Oh well! Don't worry! It still tasted good and we put chicken in it! It made it even better! :) And people even liked it! Many milagros! :) And no one got sick so that's an extra bonus! :)
We also got to go to a Spanish mission president devotional since I got to play the piano. I love my piano skills! I love the piano. :)
(Thanks Mumzi! :))
Then Monday, we ran, boom boom boom appointments! We met with Xavier, we had lunch and Vanessa got a birthday gift for Sister Stewart. BECAUSE IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY!!! Don't worry, I baked her a mini cake while she was in the shower, I put up some signs, got her chocolate, bought her lunch and put some notes in her suitcase. :) Mission accomplished. :)
And then we had a power hour with Holly! We talked to a lot of people and got some referrals for the Elders! :)
We also met with Eddie, he was so sad to see Sis Stew go. Eddie loves all the missionaries! He's a good guy. And then Sister Stewart went to more departure activities at the mission home with the Schmitts. So I got to be with La Mesa sisters for the day! Sister Starr and Sister Vernier! Their area was also BOOM BOOM BOOM APPOINTMENTS!! Living a good life. :)
And we also had great lessons! One guy was from Brazil so had broken English so we brought a member who speaks Portuguese and we were teaching him and I brought up baptism and he started crying because he wants to get baptized so bad but no one has ever offered him. So of course we did! Leonardo is awesome and I'm happy I got to teach him! As he was walking up he tried to give me an awkward hug and I was pinned against the door so it was even more awkward, don't worry, he shook my hand. :)
AHH MUCHOS MILAGROS!!! I LOVE SAN DIEGO!!!
And I love Sis Stew! She's changed my life and it's so weird not having her here. We had to drop her off at the airport this morning, not a fun job. BUT I'M SO GLAD I GOT TO SEE HER GO!!! She's the best, she's in Kaysville Utah going to BYU. GO SEE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah, I can't even begin to express my love for her!
Anywho, guess who's back down under in Santee?!?!?!?? MY FAVORITE AUSSIE SISTER PURCELL!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh I love her and I'm so excited to be back with her! Watch out Santee, here we come! :)
I love you lots family! Remember, I'm always cheering for you and especially remember at this time of year that Christ is too. Happy Easter! I LOVE YOU

Love,

Sister Whitcomb
A 5:00am photo is necessary when your Mum leaves the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment