Tuesday, December 1, 2015

a GREAT day to be a missionary

HELLOOOOOO MY FAMILY!!!!!!!
HOW ARE YOU??????? HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Life has been so good!!!!! Food is so good and so are the people in PQ! I love my trio as usual, they keep me laughing!!!!

Soooo time is crunched and I forgot to bring my journal to reference from for my letter... I'll try my best. :)
SO Wednesday we went to a class for missionaries, LDS Services, not for me but for one of my companions. It was awesome, and so cool to see how the church truly looks out for all their missionaries. I can see why it would be so helpful, I learned a few things myself as well!
We met with two of our investigators that day, Tony and Caleb. Good guys. Our miracles are starting to narrow out, we had to drop two of our investigators this week , Rodney and Alexis. :(
It was sad for me. But definitely necessary, they haven't been in contact with us for like three weeks. Nothing. Apparently the Lord wants us moving on to bigger and better things. I'M SO READY AND I'M SO PUMPED!! (btw my companions now say that ALL the time and they even told me they write it in their letters haha I love it!)
Speaking of Tony, we've seen him a lot this week, it's been so good! He has been improving so much and has opened up to us A LOT! He has told us how we met him at his most vulnerable moment, perfect timing. (you're inspired Sister Chan) :)
He came to church, had so many questions during second hour. He's on his way. Not sure how long it will be, but he's on his way.
Thursday, THANKSGIVING!!!!! No worries, we only had one dinner. And it was so awesome and so spiritual!!!!!! We had TurDuckEn! A chicken, in a duck, in a turkey!!!! So good--their family reminded me of mine! Crazy, fun and loud! They were even building a fire, couldn't handle that 60 degree weather! haha Sadly I'm becoming a wimp as well, becoming acclimated!!
We also had weekly planning on Thanksgiving so that took a good chunk of time. We also had an appointment with a less active, that was so nice! And we found out she didn't have a Thanksgiving dinner so we just gave her ours!! It felt good. :) We then drove around and handed out Happy Thanksgiving cards. It was a GREAT day to be a missionary.

On Friday we met with Tony again adn also our investigator Bharat. YSA are SO fun to work with but they tend to be a bit sassy. haha It's an adventure for sure! We've been teaching A LOT! Which I am SO grateful for, we generally just run around to try to find people to teach but the Lord has been blessing us and allowing us to find people at the right time!
On Saturday we were able to do service for Caleb's family, setting up Christmas decorations! PQ decks out!!! Even before Thanksgiving! My foreigner companions LOVE it!!!
Sunday again was the BEST! We taught third hour, about the new "A Savior is Born." The church even prepared a whole slideshow for the missionaries to show all their wards/branches. IT WAS SO FUN! I LOVE teaching, it's sooo fun!!! And we had three investigators come to church! THIS AREA IS BLOOMING! My first transfer here we had like one investigator, now we have FIVE!!!! And three of them came to church!!!
Tony was basically our week this week, we taught him everyday! He came to church and he came to family home evening!!!! This guy is ready! He's been through too much and I know a lot of it. My life is such a huge blessing. I can never complain! HEY AND GUESS WHAT?!!! This morning we went to rehearsal for the Christmas devotional, they are having me play piano. AND I GOT TO SEE SISTER CARLSON AND NOW I'M SITTING NEXT TO HER!!!!!!! She's the best! She's still in her first area!!!
CRAZINESS! No room to breathe as a missionary, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Sorry there aren't too many funny details! Next week for sure!! :)
I LOVE YOU ALL AND PLEASE ENJOY THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON!!! It's my favorite and it's gonna be ten times better as a MISSIONARY!!! Miracles here we come. :)
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Love,
Sister Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment