Tuesday, December 8, 2015

God is aware of me and loves me

My dearest family and friends,
What a week of ups and downs and all arounds.
But can I just say how grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ!
How grateful I am for my mission president, my family, my two wonderful sweet companions and everyone I have met in between!
This week has brought a lot of reflecting and testimony building experiences for me. But let me start at the beginning.
Guess what we did last p-day??
We went to Cabrillo National Park!!!
Also known as Sunset Cliffs!!!
OH MY GOODNESS HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!!!
I am so full of joy and love for being in a trio.
It was a great p-day. When we were driving home all of us were talking about how we need to bring our loved ones back!!! It's amazing!
While we were driving over there my Phillipina companion kept saying, "How can people not believe in God?"
How true! I mean just look at everything around you! God loves us! He's given us this beautiful earth!!! And for that I will be forever grateful.

Wednesday was full of service. We found out one of our investigators doesn't have permission to get baptized, we taught recent converts, less active members. It was an amazing day! Even though of our investigators, a couple actually, won't get baptized for a while I'm grateful to have the faith that they will! We missionaries love them too much to leave them alone! One of my lovely companions was also struggling adjusting and wasn't sleeping so she got a beautiful priesthood blessing by our Branch President. He is such a nice man, and he even wrote a book on the Atonement! It's on Amazon! Check it out! Dave P. Fisler! It's called "His Redeeming Power." I can't wait to read it when I'm able to!! But I love priesthood blessings as well, so powerful, God's love is real! And I'm so grateful to know worthy men who hold the priesthood.
Thursday, a day for sure that has changed my life. We started off with weekly planning, a dinner appointment with some burgers, teaching a wonderful girl of our branch and then Tony! (Tony's so cool!! He's trying so hard to change! It amazes me!) Along the way we got a call from President Schmitt, very unusual, and he set up a time to meet with one of our investigators and then he said he wanted me to call him when the day was over. So I did. When I first heard him tell me that I just had a gut instinct of what it would be; I think it was the spirit. So we got home, I sat down and I called him. And might I just say he is the nicest man ever! He has obtained so many characteristics of Jesus Christ, I will always look up to him and be grateful he is a part of my life! He asked me about my day, how our investigator is doing and then he told me that earlier in the day my beloved Grandfather had passed away. Of course I was very emotional, and he just talked to me. He read a letter that Mom wrote to me, touched me so much and I was so grateful for it. President Schmitt even told me when it was in all caps and with all exclamation points! That made me laugh. :)
And then he bore testimony to me about the plan of salvation, how we have cause to rejoice that a Savior is Born on this earth! I'm so grateful for how the news was delivered and how it was with such compassion and love. He then suggested I get a priesthood blessing to be able to help me. HE offered but them also suggested my district leader, Elder Clark, who just two days earlier lost his Grandpa as well. Right then it was confirmed to me that Elder Clark is my district leader for a very specific purpose and is it. Just more evidence to me that God is looking out for me and he loves me.
After the phone call the tears kept coming but so did my companions. They gave me space during the phone call but then swooped into my rescue soon after. It is also confirmed to me why I have two companions this transfer, and specifically these two. They are so loving, and they make me laugh! And Heavenly Father knew I would need it! And it's no coincidence that earlier that day for my weekly goal, I set a goal to be more positive throughout the week and smile more. I'm happy to report I've been able to do that. I'm also happy to report that I've been able to rely on the Lord a lot. I prayed a lot. I did cry, but something President Schmitt pointed out to me is that it's okay to cry because that shows how much you love him. I do love Bop. I loved how he also asked how my non existent boyfriend was, how he'd always sing "Here she comes, Miss America!!" as I walked into the room, I love how he makes those little side jokes and then always winks at you. Bop is one of a kind and I miss him dearly but I know he's close. And I'm so grateful for that!
The next day I just had a determination to work harder and it seemed like more people had a determination to reject us, but that's okay. Because I gave them a chance to hear this message and God will give them many more chances!
At the end of Friday I was able to ask Elder Clark to give me a blessing. He gave it to me Saturday night. One of the most spiritual experiences ever! Right before he gave me the blessing he shared a scripture with me, 3 John 1:4. It says,
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
And he said, "Your Grandpa loves you especially now, because you're walking in truth! And you're not just in a trio, you're in a quad. He's with you!"
Words I needed to hear and so appreciated. Then when he laid his hands on my head, instant warmth, instant feelings of the spirit and I knew Bop was there. I know he loves me and he will look after me for the rest of my mission. How grateful I am for the knowledge of this gospel!
Sunday was also a wonderful day, a cause to rejoice. We were able to fast for our baptismal goals before Christmas. I have full confidence and faith that if it is the Lord's will, the Lord will make it happen. I have full faith. And if it doesn't, that won't put a damper on anything, he's just trying my faith! But I know it will happen! Fast and testimony meeting was great and I had to get up and share my newly confirmed testimony of eternal families and how we have cause to rejoice in Jesus Christ! Something I couldn't pass up.
And our investigator Tony was at church and bore his testimony!!!!!!!! IT WAS SO AMAZING! I'm so PUMPED for him!!!!!!!!!!
We worked through the Christmas devotional because we knew if we are to reach our goal of five baptisms we need to grasp every minute and have no fear. We started watching the Christmas Devotional during our dinner hour. (Since we don't get too many meals and since we now have wonderful iPads to access it on!) we are blessed. And from what I heard of Sister Reeves talk, I knew it was for me! Another way God is showing he's aware of me and loves me!
Monday went by so fast! Full of lessons, full of laughs and family home evening at the end with the YSA! I'm so blessed and I have such cause to rejoice! I hope all of you find cause to rejoice as well!
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment