Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bitter Sweet

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!
This Christmas time has brought many joyous moments, many moments of growth, and it has been surprising! So as many of you know, tomorrow is transfer day.... AND I AM BEING TRANSFERRED!!!!!!!!!  :( :( :(  I'm sad.
Missionaries eat FREE at the Golden Spoon
I love my fantastic trio! I love this YSA! I love my investigators! Some like Tony who I've been with from the beginning. It has definitely been too short. Only three months!!! I feel like I'm just getting this area; just getting it down. But that's when the Lord moves you. I'm excited to see who my new companion will be, who knows; I might be in another trio! But let's focus on how fun this week was!!
On P-Day last Tuesday we got to play laser tag in the church gym with some obstacles, and that was sooo fun and soo intense! And something CRAZY happened Tuesday night! We got a phone call from a former investigator, nothing out of the ordinary because he usually asks for rides. What was strange was that he wanted to meet with us ASAP to go talk about "holy things" as he put it. So we did.
We were able to meet that night, and he has changed since I've seen him last. So we were able to invite him to baptism and shoot for a date! He still has some obstacles so I'm not sure how it will go.... BUT BEANS IS GETTING BAPTIZED FOR SURE!!!! Yes, his name is Beans. Yes he's pretty cool. We also met with Tony. Tony, Tony. That guy is chugging along and I'm super proud of him. Sad that I don't get to see him grow anymore but I'm really excited for him!!!!
Wednesday we met with Beans again. Cool progression was seen and made. I'm really excited for this area!!! And I know my two companions will work their hardest while they are here!!! Christmas miracles here we come!!!! We also met with Caleb. We're probably going to drop him soon. Not keeping commitments. And then the rest of our appointments fell through, but that's okay! I LOVE THIS AREA!!!!
Thursday was weekly planning, but weekly planning got interrupted because we had like three appointments! IT WAS AWESOME!! Because we have been trying to get a hold of these people forever!!! IT WAS AWESOME!! To hear all of their stories, such a privilege! We then of course weekly planned!  :)
AND FRIDAY WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the the first day of our mission tour!!!! We had the privilege of being trained by Elder Whitney L. Clayton and his wife Sister Kathy Clayton. We had a Sister Meeting with all the Sisters and Sister Clayton. The Assistants asked me if I could play the piano for all the meetings. So I stood up when she walked in. She wanted to hug all the Sisters, so she did. And as she got to the end, she forgot me because I was at the piano. Haha but then the Sisters all told her so she gave me an extra long hug and told me to thank my mom for making me practice the piano. SO THANKS MOM!!!!
The meetings were so good, I can't even describe. After the Sister meeting, and no, it was not about marriage, we all gathered together to be taught by both Elder and Sister Clayton. And we all stood up when the Claytons walked into the room. And I played the piano while everyone shook his hand but thankfully he and his wife came up on the stage and shook my hand. Sister Clayton gave me another hug, and we chatted for a bit! IT WAS SOO COOL!!!
I learned so much, we talked about the importance of our name tags, language, companionship study, weekly planning, and role play. There were even a couple of companionships that had to role play in front of everyone. I was sweating bullets. Haha.
Elder Clayton said we are a FANTASTIC mission. And he told us to write that in our letters.  :)
The mission tour happened both on Friday and Saturday. And we actually added someone right before the mission tour on Saturday! Beast mode! 15 minute restoration in someone's garage WITH a member! It was awesome.
Then we got a referral from some visitor center saying it was a YSA. We stopped by and it was not a YSA. He's 43. Hahaha it was funny, but we added him as an investigator for the Elders!! And then as we were walking back to our car, I felt a prompting to cross the street and then we found a new potential investigator! TENDER MERCIES!!!!
 Our District!!
Two of the Elders went home today....

Sunday, my last Sunday in the branch WAS WAY GOOD!!!! The talks in Sacrament were on point, I LOVED THEM!! Too bad there were no investigators in church that day... We tried, but they will come!! We then were able to teach the branch mission plan and then come to the Stake Christmas program, SO MANY NONMEMBERS!!! And one of our YSAs even brought a nonmember! He wasn't a YSA, so we had the Elders talk to him. It was great.  :)
And also during Sacrament Meeting and the stake Christmas program it was so funny to see the YSAs try and make moves on each other. I WAS DYING!!!!
Then Monday was also a great day. We taught three less active lessons and one lesson with Beans. He isn't quite ready for baptism but his heart is softening! And also it was a miracle we taught all those lessons. Inspiration by specific prayer!
FAMILY--I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!
I know I didn't write that many details in my letter today but just know that I love you all, I love this area, and I really love my international trio! And I love my new companion(s).
REMEMBER, I'm cheering for ya!
Love,
Sister Whitcomb
with two of my favorite members, Kimmee & Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment