Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Miracles with Fibelton and White

HELLOOOOOO!!!!
How are my favorite people? I truly do appreciate all the love and letters you have sent me! You are the BEST!! And I am feeling like I'm on top of the world! Even with El Nino in town! If some of you don't know, San Diego has been experiencing a storm, a rain storm! It was supposed to come a while ago! And now it has come! And yet last p-day we still decided to go to old town! With some of my FAVORITE sisters! It was so fun to run in the rain from shop to shop and get Mexican food!
 Old Town with the best!!!!
We got SOAKED! But it was fun, so nice to see and laugh with Sisters I love! Sister Carlson, Sister Stewart, and other lovely sisters! We got soaked and then we were shaking for the rest of the night, but that's okay! Why is that okay? BECAUSE WE FOUND AN INVESTIGATOR FOR YSA!!
A YSA was feeding us on Tuesday and he texted us and said he was bringing a friend, who is not a member. So we ate some pizza and talked about the gospel! And Andre is at a point in his life where he just wants to start over and surround himself with good people with good morals. Perfect place for him!! So we are excited to teach him more! It's just hard to meet with him because he works a lot! But I'm so excited!!!
Then on Wednesday we went on exchanges with the sisters who reside in Chula Vista! Sister Cava and Sister Wencel!
Exchanges with the BEST!!!
Lovely sisters! Lovely!
Sister Wencel!!!
And I had the fortunate opportunity to be with Sister Wencel in her area, Chula Vista! It was so fun!
We saw some cool miracles! We were able to talk to a LOT of people and we were able to set some appointments for them to see people they haven't in a while, and set one of their investigators with a baptismal date! Great day, full of wet shoes and big smiles.
Their area also includes Coronado, which is a little island, so cool to see! It was fun.  :)
Full of missionary opportunities! And Sister Wencel is just getting out of training and she is FANTASTIC!!! I love her. I love everyone! And in my area with Sister Pilkington and Cava, they saw a TON of miracles. They were able to add Ella, the girl who came to church on Sunday and has a friend serving in South Korea, and apparently it was a great lesson! I was sad I missed it, but she wants to be baptized before March!! She has such a great spirit, I just love her instantly! She basically already knows the church is true so that is AWESOME!!!
And then they were able to find potentials, didn't work out but still cool! They were able to teach the Restoration in the rain, they are awesome!
And one of our former investigators, Eddie, called them and wanted to meet with us! So we met with him on Thursday! And when we met with him, we got him into spiritual shape! We've taught him everything he needs to know, it's just up to him. HE JUST NEEDS TO COME TO CHURCH!!!
And so does everyone else.
We also were able to teach our recent convert, Jake Grover. HE GOT THE PRIESTHOOD ON SUNDAY!!!
And so did Anthony!!!
It was awesome, and the next step will be to bring a family name to the temple!! We are getting there, close! So close!
We then taught, taught, taught in the rain!!
On Friday we had zone meeting, full of council, full of wise words, full of inspiration during role play. And might I just say role play is inspired. I receive so much revelation when Sister P and I do it! It's the best.
We saw Anthony and worked on family history with him and then we ate at our Ward Mission Leader's house. He has an eight year old daughter and she gave us nicknames, hence the title of this letter.
She was trying to guess our first names, and she guessed Sister Pilkington's name is Fibelton. And then Sister P says "Fibelton Pilkington, my parents really loved me." I DIED LAUGHING!
And then she guessed my first name is White. I guess I don't have a tan. She thinks I look like Snow White, so hence the name. White Whitcomb; my parents also loved me.  :)
So White and Fibelton, we will baptize the thousands!!!!!  :)
Then on Saturday we met with a member who is struggling. It was really spiritual. I'm so grateful I have the gift of the spirit or else it would be really hard to HAVE the spirit!
We also had our correlation meetings with our two ward/branch mission leaders. It's an important thing, so if you ever have that calling, do it. It's a great thing. We also had two members come out with us at two different times. It was really fun, teaching some lessons, contacting people on the street. Hopefully both of them will go on missions soon!
Sunday: game day.
We had three investigators total from both congregations. Sad but great at the same time! Vanessa, our Spanish/American investigator came with her two sons, and Stephanie, a YSA, came, and our new investigator Philip came! Philip wasn't an investigator until later Sunday night, but he still came to church!
He's been to church several times but the member he has been dating has struggled to set up a time with us. But we finally did! We met with him at 7:00 pm. He is so prepared! And my companion says he looks like Paul Rudd. I have no idea who that is. But he's so cool! When we told him the Joseph Smith story he goes "That is soo awesome! I'm so glad you introduced me to this!"
It was awesome and he committed to be baptized February 13th! HE IS SOOO COOL!!! I'm PUMPED!! So another new investigator!!! It was awesome.  :)
Monday was also awesome. Because guess why......?
I FINALLY GOT TO SEE TAYLOR MCDANIEL!!!! My first convert! It was awesome, I jumped when I saw her! She's one of my favorites.  :)
T McD!!!
We also saw Eddie who has recently been struggling. He is at his lowest low. But I'm very grateful for that because it reminds me of Alma 32, when Alma saw his brethren were humbled he REJOICED! And so did I. It was a great lesson, full of the spirit!
We then had a wonderful dinner with the Whitlocks, the purple couple from my favorite Mormon Message, "Expressions of Love." They are the CUTEST!! Complete with a Cali burrito.  :)
I love this work so much!
I love the people I serve with!
I know everything is for a reason!
The Lord is preparing so many people for me and I am so grateful!!
I LOVE ALL OF YOU!
Rely on the Lord and all will be well.  :)
Love,
Sister Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment