Tuesday, January 19, 2016

WAY good.

HELLOOOOO!!!
Oh man, I wish I could show you all my excitement and happiness in this letter but I truly can't. I just love my mission, I love all my companions, I love my area, I love the people I teach, I love how I'm so happy! Everyone should feel like this, so they need the gospel.
Because the mission hasn't changed me, the mission has taught me to live the gospel and the gospel has changed me! It's a glorious thing!
Oh man.
Exchanges galore this week!
On Wednesday I went to LaMesa to be with Sister Vernier, she is currently in training and has been out for about five or six weeks. She rocks it! She took over the area with ease, knew where everything was and is so good in lessons! She is such a consecrated missionary, I learned so much from her! She's the sweetest and it was fun to be with her and street contact with her. It's the best!
with cute Sister Vernier
Also, we stopped by this member's home to give them a family mission plan. Genius by the way, they have the family set goals for how many people they invite to church, how many people to a Family Home Evening in their home, how many copies of the Book of Mormon they give away, and how many baptisms they helped take place. So cool! Anyways, we asked them for referrals and they gave us one in Africa! Super cool.
Then they sent us to a neighbor's house, and their little son followed us, and he referred us to several other houses! He's the coolest! Love kids; they are such great missionaries! Love those sisters, her companion and trainer is Sister Starr, who was my STL, she's the best!
Then on Thursday we had weekly planning, always a good time full of inspiration. We tried to find a former investigator who was referred to us by a member. We had a couple of laughs in between and helped people feel the spirit! So all in all a good day. ALSO WE MET WITH JAKE, A RECENT CONVERT WHO IS GOING TO GO TO THE TEMPLE THIS THURSDAY AND DO BAPTISMS!!!! So exciting!!!!
Friday we had district meeting and it was WAY good. We talked about being successful missionaries and how the only perfect missionary is Jesus Christ, and the way we can become perfect is by being successful, by being a committed missionary. Trying everyday to do so!
Friday night we also had the coolest lesson with Julie Webb, our 15 year old investigator who's dad is a member. But to back up we've been talking about as missionaries how it's better to have quality time rather than quantity. For example, we could be trying a lot of people and feeling busy or we could be doing something useful like prepping a member for a lesson so the lesson is powerful and impactful and the investigator makes great decisions! Well we've been trying really hard to do that, so we found a young woman fellowshipped for Julie; she's 14 and actually for personal progress wants to do one of her projects by coming out with us! How cool is that? So a couple of hours before the lesson we go over and we prep her, we tell her what we are going to teach and how she can contribute and then we role play with her. She did awesome! And then we brought her mom with us as well and it was one of the best lessons EVER!!!
Doug, AGAIN, bore powerful testimony and told us how he knew the church was true, (SO COOL!!!)
Our 14 year old fellowshipped and her mom were AWESOME at teaching and JULIE COMMITTED TO BE BAPTIZED ON FEBRUARY 13th!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! She's so prepared, she came to church on Sunday and I introduced her to the Bishop and they got along really well. She went to all three hours and then we had a lesson with her right after church and she talked about how she wanted to go to Girl's Camp!!!!!
SHE'S SOOO COOL!!! I love her a lot.
Anyway, Friday night we did an exchange with some other Sisters and I went back to my area with a Sister from South Korea; her name is Sister Seo!!! She is literally one of my favorite people!!! She is such a good street contacted, she's awesome at teaching the gospel and she's so funny! She laughs all the time and I love it!
Sister Seo loves waffle fries
We were able to meet with a former investigator, Linda, and we taught her and she wants to learn again! So cool! Hopefully the next lesson we will have at the Temple! :) :) :) :)
I love the temple, especially San Diego Temple!!
We also met with an investigator, Stephanie, who has been meeting with missionaries for a very long time and finally she committed to a baptismal date! It's in June but I'm so happy for her, she wants to follow Jesus Christ!!! It's awesome.  :)
So that was our Saturday.  :)
Then Sunday was go go GO!!! Classic Sunday, Julie came, our investigator Eddie came, (he's changing so much it's awesome!!), and so did Stephanie! It was a good day. :) And I got to go to primary! They had us talk to the kids about what missionaries are and what we do and how they can be missionaries! It was awesome, kids are so smart and are the BEST missionaries. So make sure you use them! :)
Anyways, then the rest of the day was spent practicing and performing in the mission president's devotionals! The BEST things ever! And guess what? I got to play piano for the whole entire thing! It really was quite an honor and I know I was guided by the spirit because I literally practiced for like an hour and then performed. I'm also very grateful for my music teacher Mrs. Wardwell, for teaching me and making me sight read! Truly a blessing! And everyone kept saying "Thank your Mother for us!" So Mom, from everyone in SanDiego, THANK YOU! You rock. :)
It was beautiful, beautiful music, beautiful testimonies, videos, and guess what? It was in BEAUTIFUL PENASQUITOS!!! MY LAST AREA!!!
And it was Sister Pilkington's last area so we both and so much fun seeing old friends! And one of our investigators Sister P and I both taught, Beans, has a baptismal date for January 30th!!!!!! My international trio is ROCKING it!! I love that area and miss it SO much!!! :) :) :) :)
Sunday was just a dream and I even got to see some of my favorite members from my first area!! It rocked, and Sisters Stewart, Carlson, Espanto, Leyva, Purcell, Wilson were there!!! And so many more people that I LOVE!!! Truly I don't know what I would have done if I had never met them! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!
Monday was just fun as well, we were with Maddy, one of our favorite YSAs; she's like our third companion! We tried a lot of people with her and she even fed us dinner! She rocks! Cali burritos for the WIN! (Except Sister P and I almost got food poisoning from them... Good times!) :)
Also our favorite Hermanas, Spanish Sisters, took us to this cute little restaurant called Izzy's Restaurant. It reminded me a lot of Parker's Maple Barn. I love the area I serve in and the people I serve around!!! :) :) :)
With the Hermanas at Izzy's Cafe
Oh.My.Gosh. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! And it's already been eight months. :( :(
I love these people. It's truly the best experience for me and I encourage all those who are on the fence about going on a mission, GO!! A man at the devotional I went to on Sunday talked about how we need more missionaries! We need YOU!!! Love you all!
Love,
Sister Whitcomb

PS the reason this email is so late is because we went to the temple this morning with Sister P's old companion, my old STL, and she's my Sister because Sister Stewart trained her as well.
I love Sister Wilson!!!
And the Temple. It was so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment