Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The family from Arizona for the WIN


Fire was burning this week my loved ones!!!!
Ugh but can I just say how happy I am THAT KAYLA IS DECIDING TO SERVE A MISSION?!?!?!?! Oh my heart is so full! Love you lots cuz!
But my heart was so full of joy this week! I don't know if I've ever felt the spirit more than this week!
Tuesday we had a dinner with the bishop's family with Vanessa. They are the cutest family ever!!! We taught a really cool lesson on repentance. Thanks to that great training we had last week! And Miracle of all miracles! We go to the church parking lot to teach our investigator Stephanie, as we pull up we saw our other investigator PHILIP!! :) :) Miracles!
It's so hard to reach him because he's with his girlfriend a lot but we caught him without his girlfriend! Milagros! (miracles) We then talked about repentance and baptism and set him with a date of March 5th!!! Philip is so cool! He is just someone who always has known this is true! But he is going out of town for a while, so we just hope he keeps reading and praying!!! Stephanie didn't end up showing up but it was meant to be because we taught Philip!
Then we were able to teach Julie.
Aww I love her. We prepped her for her interview and then on Wednesday she had her interview. When she stepped out of that room my heart was racing and then they both smile and give us peace signs! I ran to her and gave her the biggest hug!!! Ah she's the best.
Then after the interview we talked about the temple! Ugh, I love her lots. She and Emily are tied for the cutest and coolest 15 year olds ever! :)
And I guess I'll just skip to Saturday BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!! Oh my gosh. I've never felt the spirit more strongly. Soooo Saturday was the day, the day Julie got baptized. At 10am. So we got there to fill up the font and set up! We made it cute because it was the day before Valentine's Day Arizona Statehood day. :)
And then people started coming, including Sister Pilkington! She got to come back and she sang!
Even though she was sick, OH I love her a lot! And then JULIE'S FAMILY FROM ARIZONA CAME IN!!! Because if you don't remember, JULIE'S Dad, Doug, has been less active for 20 years but his family in Arizona is all active! So they all came over just for the day! And JULIE'S Uncle baptized her! Everything was sooo sweet.
Julie and her Uncle
When Doug walked in and he saw his sister they just started hugging each other and crying.
Doug and Julie
SWEETEST THING EVER! And I just couldn't help but tear up! Oh my goodness and then when JULIE'S Grandma came in I asked if I could give her a hug and she was like "Of course! For what you have given to my granddaughter! Of course! Thank you so much!"
I've never seen a family so grateful for this. I am so grateful to be a part of it and that the Lord trusted me to do it and that I can now know and love these amazing people!
The Family from Arizona
Anyway, so the baptism started and Elly, a cute Mia Maid who came teaching with us for Julie, gave a sweet talk on baptism. I love how much the ward loves Julie! That room was PACKED!! We had to up extra chairs. It was awesome. :) Then Sister Pilkington and Cortello, her new companion, performed a wonderful musical number and then was the baptism! Oh my goodness, my companions and I had the pleasure of walking Julie back to the font before she was baptized. She was glowing!
Doug, Julie, Sisters Whitcomb, Pilkington, Purcell, Stewart and Julie's Uncle
She started to cry and we all gave her hugs! I love her a lot! Then we rushed back to see the baptism. So beautiful. Then we had the honor of presenting the message of the Restoration. We used big pictures of Jesus Christ and the first vision and no one could deny the spirit in that room. No eye was dry.
After the baptism was the most beautiful testimony on the Holy Ghost by Julie's Dad, Doug. He got up there and talked about how he hadn't born his testimony in front of a congregation in 20 years. How he was so proud of Julie and how he knew this was right. How he loves Christ and how he wants his other three kids, who are not members, to have this as well. He expressed his love for all hi kids and how he wants this for them. The SWEETEST thing ever. I was like, "If mom was here she would just SOB!" But it's okay because I was there and I sobbed instead of Mom. ;)
Then Julie got the gift of the Holy Ghost because there was a special broadcast for the stakes in CA the next day. Her Uncle did a beautiful job! Blessed her whole life! And during it he talked about how she'll be a missionary and a light to other people!!
I WOULD DIE IF JULIE WENT ON A MISSION!!! Which she totally could! Oh she's just the best!
Julie bore her testimony about how she loves Christ and how she's so grateful that the sisters knocked on her door because she knows without them she wouldn't be here. Oh I love her. I'm so proud of her! Best baptism ever! I wish I could live it over and over and I wish all of you were there too! And I hope soon I'll get to teach the rest of Julie's family. :) But yes, that just made my week.
Even though we got slammed a couple times at night, it was worth it! Julie made it worth it! And then also at the baptism, Eddie came! AND EDDIE IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!! :) :) :) He brought a friend! His name is Ebra and he was so honored when we gave him a Book of Mormon. I'm excited for him! But anyways... Back to Tuesday night.
We prayed and felt prompted to go walk on this street and we met a man named Roberto. We added him for the Spanish Sisters! He's a funny guy and lives right down the street and has always wanted to go! Perfect! I love the spirit. :) And, fun fact: that night, we found a bolt in our tire. A HUGE BOLT. So guess what we did after we exercised on Wednesday morning? We changed our tire! And I helped! Thanks to my favorite Aussie, Sister Purcell is a champ!  :) Trio fire! :)
These hands can change tires.
Then on Wednesday, being Sister Training Leaders we went to another missionary Training Experience, MTEs for some sisters we are over. We exchanged and went to go help them apply the training they were just taught! Sister Steward and I stayed in Santee so Sister Wencel! :)
She's a cutie. I went on exchanges with her last time in Chula Vista. During our time with her we got to teach Eddie, who is SO ready for his baptism. :) Then we dropped one of our YSA investigators. Very strong Catholic and too flirty. (Insert puking noises here**) Someday he will be ready, hopefully Elders will teach him. So that appointment fell through so we went on splits with a YSA member! Sister Stewart went with the member and I went with Sister Wencel!
Exchanges with Sister Wencel
Sister Wencel totally bonded with the YSA less active we met with. Whopped him into shape! :) Then while we were doing that Sister Stewart and the member, Valissa, were able to add our neighbor!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) She was actually a referral from her parents who just got sealed in Ohio! Small world! I'm excited for that! :) Then we did a power hour where we just walked around an apartment complex and planted a lot of seeds! :)
Can I just say how much I love being with my mission Mom? A LOT! She makes my heart sing. One night, when Sis Wencel was with us she just whispered to me, "I love you Sis Whit!"
Oh tender feels! (As Sister Pilkington would say. :)) I love her! And I love my Australian companion!! Steak on the Barbie! I say G'Day all the time now! Can't help it! :) Sister Purcell rocks!!!
Then on Friday, another miraculous day, we had dinner with the Rickel family and when we walked in they had their friend/neighbor there! Her name is Ariel! She's interested in the gospel! We added her! And plus we got cinnamon roll pancakes! Just a win win night! Oh it was such a good week! :) And Eddie passed his baptismal interview on Friday too!!! HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Then besides the most wonderful magnificent baptism ever! We not only added Ebra as an investigator, we added Lindsey! Sister Purcell and I found Lindsey when we were on splits and Sister Stewart was with a member teaching Julie, and we were able to add her as an investigator on Saturday! She's so cute, she's my age! She's from the Phillipines and she accepted a baptismal date of March 12th!!! She doesn't live in our area though, just works. So we are passing her off to other Elders. But as long as she follows Jesus Christ that makes me happy! :)
And then Arizona Day. I hope you all had a great one! We sure did!
Valentine's Day Arizona Statehood Day love from our Senior missionary neighbors
The western part of the USA got a special broadcast from SLC, SO GOOD!!! I'll have to look at my notes again because WOW!! So good! Can't even explain. :) don't worry, someday you all will be able to look at my notes too. :) :)
But Eddie came! He's such a good guy! :)
We also had another power hour that day. We were able to find two potential families! It was so cool! This little girl referred them to us! I love children. :)
One of them, his Dad is actually a member, MILAGRO!!! :) :) :) God is good.
Then fun quote from Monday in my crazy companionship: "If you don't jiggle you aren't having fun!" Motto for life. Good times. :)
But Monday was quite the slow day, all of our appointments pretty much cancelled, but we had a great time! We went on splits with a member where Sister Stewart went with the members and Sister Purcell and I just followed the spirit and talked to everyone we could, by the end of it we felt a prompting to turn around and talk to this woman and we added her as an investigator!!! Good old Mitzi. She's so cute and peppy! I'm excited for her! :) Then we taught Eddie last night, he is so ready! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Family, this is the best decision I've made yet in my life. I've never been so happy, I've never had my heart so full of joy, and I've never loved so much! San Diego is sacred ground for me, (got that one from my Mama Sister Stewart!) But it really has been, I've loved everyone I've met and I always want to be in contact with them! And I'm so grateful for all the love I've received from all of you! Never lose the spirit of God in you! Keep it burning! :) :) :)
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment