Tuesday, February 2, 2016

too intense

Oh my goodness family and friends!!!!!

I can't even, I don't even know where to start. First of all I just love life, and this last week of the transfer has gone by SO fast!!!! Ugh.
can't complain when lunch is frozen yogurt.
Soooo I'll just start with our service Wednesday night. I swear everyone crazy happened this week. This last transfer with Sister Pilkington has just been the CRAZIEST transfer EVER!
Wednesday morning we decided to go to the food bank for service. We are pretty well known there, it's awesome. So this time they decided to put us to work by cleaning out the fridges. Oh my goodness. They needed it, moldy fridges for days! And also we weren't able to clean them all the way because the fridges couldn't stay open that long. But let's just say mold and cheese in the hair makes for some good laughs. And yes it did happen. Showers are a thing. A beautiful thing. :)
Sister P's rib is still on the mend, so I don't let her do anything, not even carry her bag. So they had us transport havey crates around, and for some reason we decided to be in skirts. And as I was doing this, this 60 year old man comes up to us and calls us dynamite. And starts to hit on us. I've never laughed so hard. Sister Pilkington then said to him, "We are Sister Missionaries!" AKA Stop it!!
She makes me laugh. :)
We then taught Vanessa, our Spanish/American investigator. She is going to keep coming to the Grossmont Ward!!! I'm so excited. She's the sweetest. We had a great lesson with her on the priesthood! She feels the spirit every time we go to the church building, and by the end of it she wanted a priesthood blessing! :)
It was awesome!
Vanessa and I are sad that Sister P is leaving

She got one that night and it was a great experience! But at the end of the lesson we didn't want to annoy her with baptism so we didn't bring it up. BUT she did and she wants to get baptized in March!!! But then she changed it to April so her cousin from LA can baptize her!!!! It's awesome. I'm so excited for her!!! :) :) :)
We finally did get to teach Philip, the one who was totally prepared and wanted to get baptized on Feb 13. It's been like two weeks but we finally met with him that night! And let me tell you it's so interesting to teach a YSA couple, and I can for sure tell you, PDA is a thing in YSA and it's gross. Sister P had to pull out her line of "WE ARE SISTER MISSIONARIES!!" BUT we had an awesome lesson on the plan of salvation where Philip was like, "This all just sounds right to me, it's like I've heard it before." BECAUSE YOU HAVE!!!!!!
It was awesome, he wants to get baptized in March.
SUPER pumped! Date to be determined. We also stopped by this less active's house, a YSA and a member from Grossmont. It was interesting to say the least. Apparently we are too intense as teachers. That's what we were told but I will take it as a compliment! The spirit is a great thing!!! :)
Then Thursday, we weekly planned, we taught a less active, we saw Vanessa really quick at a pinewood derby, SO FUN!!! We also found a secret member, so that was fun! :)
I love Sister P, she just makes everything FUN! I also made Pumpkin bread!!!! Thanks Roger and Kristine!!! It turned out so good and I got to give it to a HERMANA for her birthday!!! :) :)
homemade pumpkin bread
So Friday, we had coordination in the morning, and then district meeting! It was sooo powerful. We talked about The Book of Mormon. How much God loves this book, how much he's prepared this book for us, it took a long time, and how we need to present it the way God would, because we represent him! Soo cool!! Love it!
Then we got to meet with Taylor McDaniel, she's awesome! Had a really cool spiritual experience about how she's on the right path! She wants to get married in the SLC Temple and meet her husband at church! AHHHH!!!!!! Sweet.
Then we met with a recent convert, Amri. She's preparing to go to the Temple, and we got to read The Book of Mormon with her!!! :) :) :)
And then we met with Stephanie, the investigator of three years, and she finally wants to get baptized, but right after she gets married because she wants all her family to be there. Can't really compete with that, so June it is! We shall see how the spirit can help us through! :)
Saturday was one of the BEST days! It was the Mormon Battalion Commemoration, where all the stakes around San Diego went to Old Town and set up these booths of fun pioneer things. We got to bring Eddie!!! He is doing so well! He's on fire! Living everything! And excited for his date on FEBRUARY 20th!!!!! :) :) :) :)
family picture at the Battalion Parade
(sister P made me wear the bonnet)
We brought him, he helped set up, we had brunch, we walked around, we took pictures in pioneer clothing, it was the best!


And then we drove back to Santee so he could see what a baptism is like! :) It was in Spanish but it was cool to feel the spirit through another language. The Restoration lesson was really cool to hear in Spanish! We then ran to a lesson with a potential. We taught by the poolside, it was interesting... But he's willing to give it a shot!!!! :) :)
We then taught Julie!!! Oh man she rocks. We brought a member and her son, and he invited her to everything! Firesides, seminary, (he might like her - haha) but she is solid! She is so pumped for her baptismal date! It's coming soo quick! Two weeks! She's so cute! :)
We then taught a really cool lesson with our investigator Derek, he's awesome! He wants to get sealed int he temple and he wants to get baptized!! WOOT WOOT!! He might be moving though... But it's okay he will be a member of Christ's church! :)
Sunday was another crazy day. We went to church, only Eddie came. Faithful Eddie, he's the best! Vanessa went to another ward so she could still go to church though, due to her schedule! She also rocks! We then had a go go go day because it was a YSA Mission President's Devotional!!! :) :)
It was sweet. :)
We also taught Julie right before, she rocks, so pumped and such a great member already! But I once again was able to use my piano skills and accompany four musical numbers. It was a blessing, during the last number I really felt the spirit move through me and I was able to bear my testimony through my music. It rocked! And also it was specifically for young single adults, so it was all YSA converts! It was awesome! And then we recently got an Elder who is completely deaf. He bore his testimony in sign. It totally inspired me to learn ASL! I think I will, someday, the Lord has motivated me a lot to do it, especially with two companions who know it completely! :)
I loved the devotional, I always love them!
Look mom, healthy food!
Monday. Crazy. So transfer meetings are now cancelled, so they send us an email Monday morning, telling us if we are being transferred, who our new companion is, and where we are going.
So it comes after studies but during our studies President called us. Now Sister Pilkington only has one transfer left. She's been in this area for five transfers, a long time, so there was a possible chance of her being transferred. So when President called us it was confirmed. He just thanked her for being such a wonderful Sister Training Leader, which she is! He told her where she was going and how she will be able to help her new companion. Oh man, I miss her already! Dropping her off was so hard, I've never laughed so much with her. I've learned a lot from her, change is real, and mission life is fun! Sister Training Leader life is FUN!!
But President then also went on to say how Sister Purcell will be my new companion and how we will be joined by SISTER STEWART!!! MY TRAINER SISTER STEWART!! WE ARE COMPANIONS AGAIN!! WE ARE ALL SISTER TRAINING LEADERS TOGETHER!!! Crazy stuff, I still can't believe it happened, it's a dream. And I LOVE Sister Purcell, she's from Australia, she's 24ish, she was companions with Sister Chan!! Right before me! So she served in PQ. She's HILARIOUS!! AND SHE'S TALLER THAN ME!! I have a companion that's taller than me! Finally. And I'm in another trio!! :) :) :)
Life is good. It's such a dream!
Then we had to go on with our day and try not to be distracted, we did it!
We taught Josh, our new investigator. He's interesting, but not sure he's really interested. Oh and it was so good, we got to go teach Eddie at the Temple,
With one of our favorite YSAs, Maddy!
It was so powerful and he is so excited to go inside!!
Life is great!!
We also got to see Vanessa and she got to say goodbye to Sister P. It was so cute! And she's so excited for her baptism! I just love mission life! I love Santee!!! Blessings are coming all around and I can just feel the miracles about to happen!!! :) :) :) :)
Love,
Sister Whitcomb
Pretty  much describes our companionship.
I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment