Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Greetings From El Cajon



 I made it!!!! I'm in the field!
Once I stepped outside the plane I was all smiles, it is soo beautiful!!!
My mission president is very young and very nice. When I met with him he was very encouraging.
 I have an amazing companion!
(Everyone take a breath of relief because I am in good hands) 
SOOO apparently this mission is a running mission. Oh boy. We run 3 days a week. President is talking about making it everyday but I'm crossing my fingers that he won't.
Before we got our companions, we toured the Mormon Battalion Visitor Center. So cool.
My companion is SISTER STEWART!!!! She's super awesome and has been out for 9 months. She turned 20 in March and is from Arkansas but her family lives in Utah. She really looks like a younger version of Drew Barrymore.
My area is the El Cajon area. We are actually serving with Arabic Elders in our ward. How cool is that? They are the only 3 in the mission, one of them just went home so from 4 to 3, and they cover the whole mission but mainly stay in El Cajon. They are awesome.
So I surprisingly haven't been too stressed out. Mainly tired. Day one we just taught one lesson to a woman named Cassie who is the spitting image of Megan Bell. The investigator that sticks out to me is Taylor McDaniel, she is 18 and super sweet. I met her at a baptism that we invited her too and once she walked in the room she had such a light and I loved her immediately. I knew she felt the spirit during the baptism, and the baptism was AWESOME! we met with her after and committed her to be BAPTIZED!!!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!! Moments like that show me how lucky I am to be a missionary. 4 days into my mission and I got to experience that; the Spirit works miracles. The members are also amazing, super active in missionary work. I met the Bishop and the Ward Mission leader on my first night there. Bishop Hadley and Brother Seba. Brother Seba is SO cool and is wife is from New Zealand. LOVE HER ACCENT! They are awesome. Also I've been to a couple of members homes for dinner, it's so weird to be on the other side of those things but I love it. On Sunday night Sister Stewart and I actually got a rose from a little boy named Rex who is 4, he is so cute! First rose I've ever gotten from a non relative! haha He also cleared our dishes for us, so sweet. 
I'm living with members in our ward, the Mahaffeys, they are Grandparents. Super sweet and just recently got married, both of their first spouses are deceased. They are sweet and of course they have a cat. Dang it, I thought I wouldn't have to deal with those things. His name is Tippy and Tippy likes my bed, my books and me. And being a missionary and he is not my cat, so I can't really push him around like I could Sam and Sniper. Who knows maybe by the end of my mission cats will grow on me. (Probably not) 
SO the mission life is great, I know I haven't even touched on everything I've done but I don't know how to, I wrote everything I wanted to write on a slip on paper, but I can't find that paper, so hopefully next time I will remember it! 
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you guys, I miss you but I know 18 months are gonna go by so fast. Keep sending me letters! I know one day I'll really need the encouragement!!!

I love you all! Keep Pressing Forward

Love,
Sister Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment