Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tippy, the Temple and a PADRES game

Dear Friends and Family,
Missionary life is the best. No complaints here. It's hard but it only brings me happiness in my life. I can't believe it's already been a month since I left! That was the fastest month of my life. But I'm so grateful I have so much more time because I've already seen so many miracles in this one month. Imagine how many miracles I'll see in 18 months! I can't even express how blessed I feel.
So remember how we live with a cat named Tippy? Tippy definitely tried my patience. For some reason he loves my bed and he decided to throw up on our carpet. And I stepped in it. Nastiest moment of my life. Ick. Sister Stewart was more grossed out then I was so I decided to be a nice companion and clean up both gross piles of bile. I never thought I would do that on my mission but the Lord definetly knows I don't like cats and I now know he has a sense of humor.
The beginning of the week was kind of slow. Not a lot of people on the streets and no one answering their doors. But at the end of the day I realized everyday as a missionary is a great day.
And let me tell you, living with members, living with the Mahaffeys is definitely living a Cush life. They are so cute too. They haven't been married a year yet. They have their wedding cake in the freezer. Super cute.
And I'm sure you remember Taylor, the one who is getting BAPTIZED on July 4th. So we've been meeting with her brother, sister, brothers friends and her cousin. We are going to baptize this family!!! They are awesome and I love them all. Every time I teach them I get so excited! We taught them the Restoration and Taylor's brothers friend ate it up. He was participating and loved the Restoration video. And his closing prayer was so awesome. He prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true. So sweet. Can't wait to have them in church! Taylor came to church but her siblings didn't. But it's Taylor's birthday next Sunday and she making her family come to church because it's their bday! How awesome is that! She is such a missionary!!
It has been confirmed to me that I have no reason to complain. We've contacted a man at his mobile home and he just started crying about how he's been close to death and he's lost all of his family and he has to go into surgery too. We gave him a Book of Mormon and bore our testimonies about how it comforts us. I know he's still alive to receive this message from us. It will be cool to follow up. No reason to complain, my life is the best.
I also went on my first exchange with our STLs. I was with Sister Wilde who is about to go home and she serves in a young single adult ward. Super weird. Serving with people our age all the time. But they are really prepared for this message. I was able to teach a less active and an investigator. During those lessons I learned how important it is to use inspired questions. It leads the discussion the right way and it helps you know what the people you are teaching need to hear and what they don't know and what they  are struggling with. I love inspired questions. But man, I get so tired on my mission. Yawning so much. Sunday's feel so great when we get to sleep into 6:30. That's right, 6:30 is sleeping in because during the weekdays we have to get up earlier to start working out at 6:30. It's ok, it's worth it. Exact obedience will bring miracles.
So now the highlight of my week. The lesson at the temple with Taylor! It was the first time I was going to the San Diego temple so I was uplifted. There were 3 weddings so it was kind of crowded. It would of been weird if we would have done the lesson a week later because I possibly would have run into Roger and & Kristine. But we taught a lesson in the waiting area. The spirit was so strong. When she learned she could do family history and do those ordinances for her family she started crying. I am so excited for her. I want to be at her endowment and her sealing!!! She's awesome. We took pics with her outside the temple, I loved it. I can see myself being friends with her and her family forever.

As you can see the highlight was going to the Temple with Taylor!!, I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She is an
inspiration to me everyday.
Let me tell you member referrals are golden. The members we are living with had us to come to dinner with their 21 year old grandson Josh. He is so prepared. He's seen the church work in his grandpa and uncle and he can see the difference in their life and how happy they are and he wants that in his life. How awesome is that! Also we watched the restoration video with him and right after he said he felt a warmth inside him. How cool is that! I witnessed the Holy Ghost work in this guy. It was so cool.
THE PADRES GAME WAS AWESOME! Even though they lost by one it was sooo fun. We sat with 5 other Sisters. My comp and I bought matching hats and we look good!
It was weird to hear my favorite songs. Don't worry I didn't dance. Haha but definitely one of he best p-Days ever!!!!
I can't even explain the happiness I've felt on my mission but I know it's because the Lord loves me and is blessing me with these experiences!
Love, Sister Whitcomb
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment